Monday, May 16, 2011

Oh So Charlie


As the song goes:
You're a good man, Charlie Brown. You're the kind of reminder we need. You have humility, nobility and a sense of honor that is very rare indeed.


And then:
You're a good man, Charlie Brown. You're a prince and a prince could be king. With a heart such as yours you could open any door. You could go out and do anything. You could be king Charlie Brown. You could be king.



But then Charlie Brown would say:
Everybody says to me (You're a good man, Charlie Brown)
Every voice in harmony (You're a good man, Charlie Brown)
Never liked me, anyway (You're a good man, Charlie Brown)


Trying not to rock the boat, not to make a scene
A good man? Yes. But I confess I don't know what they mean.


I wanna rise like I should and do everything right
But I lie awake at night (Never sleep)
With questions in my ear (loud and deep)
I want to join the dance (Take the leap)
But the answer isn't clear than I hear (Charlie Brown, Charlie Brown)


And then, there are those things Charlie Brown has that I would like to have too:
All I need is one more try. Gotta get that kite to fly.
And I'm not that kind of guy who gives up easily.

Charlie Brown says "Good Grief" all the time and I know exactly what he means. If there would be a female Charlie Brown I would probably count.


No comments:

Post a Comment